The adventures of Phil and Mike

Phil and I have lunch out in town once a week or so. We decided that talking about good lunches we have experienced was almost as enjoyable as the lunches themselves.

Monday, July 03, 2006

The long sandwich

Yes this is a funny name for a sandwich shop. I visited this shop with my friend Helen. The sandwiches are well not real fancy. This is more of a Asian style drink shop. I had a lemon yogurt thing with tapioca blobs. I'm fond of tapioca pudding, and had no idea what "Yes please" to the tapioca question really meant. Well I found out that tapioca meant a bunch of chocolate colored half inch tapioca blobs, and a half inch diamater straw to accomodate the blobs. I don't know if I'll order the tapioca blobs in the future, but the drink was good.

The lunch was the beginning of a company sponsored "team building event" to the local water park. Helen and I rode about three big slides in the two hours we were inside the park. After I had guided her under the flow from a 12 inch water pipe the second time, she decided I was not to be trusted.

Tomorrow me'n the missus, and kids are invited to a "white trash BBQ". Which I'm told means that a front yard BBQ is a white trash thing. At our house, all BBQ is in the front yard, seeing as the back yard is too steep. We are in a very remote area, and are set back 200 feet from the road. So where one sets up the BBQ may matter in an area where houses are 20 feet from the sidewalk. I suppose that if there are deer on the front lawn, a front yard BBQ probably still means you are WT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home